Shop Gorilla Dust Designs

Buy your Gorilla Dust Designs jewelry today!

Monday, July 28, 2014

Sofa

Work on the sofa continues. I have a new electric staple gun (Maestri) and I love it! It is so much fun to use. I think I always secretly wanted to be a contractor. I am done stapling the couch, but now I still want to staple more things! My poor dog runs away every time she sees the staple gun, she is not a fan of the sound. Anyhow here is how the couch currently looks. Still looking for a high density, FIRM foam so I can finish the cushions.

I went with a fabric that in no way matches my rug. Oh well, time for a new rug. Have not added any trim to the front of the sofa yet due to running out of hot glue. Also due to laziness of not wanting to go to the store to buy more hot glue.

After adding the trim to the back to cover staples. The couch originally had stretchers along the sides and cardboard along the top, but I couldn't figure out how to curve the fabric around the cardboard. The stretchers were a mystery to me too. So I said what the heck, I am just going to staple the whole thing. It worked out in the end.

No comments: