Shop Gorilla Dust Designs

Buy your Gorilla Dust Designs jewelry today!

Monday, July 21, 2014

July stuff

So I decided not to post any rejection letters (because really they all start to sound alike), but I have been rejected from holiday shows in Chicago and New York (three shows there). Very disappointing, I really wanted to go to New York. But I am accepted into Pittsburgh so there is that. I am still waiting (very cautiously optimistically) to find out about Philadelphia and Denver.

In the meantime, since I had made SO MUCH jewelry (in anticipation of going to New York), that I decided to take a break and try something new. Reupholstering a couch. I don't really know what I am doing, but I am having a great time. Ripping apart a couch is a great way to relieve frustration from show rejections!

Here it is!


I had already unzipped the center back cushion hence why it looks so very deflated.



Here is my dog wondering why I would do this to a couch

The stuffing was very clean, but very old and musty



All material and stuffing removed. I read online that white vinegar helps remove musty smells so
I soaked it with that. Now it still smells a little musty and a little like a salad.

I sat on this beach towel while removing some of the 9,438 staples
Moved indoors and covered with new stuffing

 

So that's where I am currently at with the sofa project. Now to see how rusty my sewing skills are and try to make some cushions. I chose a black and white fabric so it will go with everything (except the rug I currently have). I also have to find a high powered stapler. I'm going to try an electric one since I don't want to buy an air compressor.

And since this is supposed to be a jewelry blog, here is one of the new professional photos I had taken. It didn't get me into any shows, but I think it looks brilliant!

No comments: