Shop Gorilla Dust Designs

Buy your Gorilla Dust Designs jewelry today!

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Rejection Letter #4

I somehow skipped letters 2-3, but I will try to get around posting those. Today's rejection comes to me from the Decatur Arts Festival. This is the one where I was not going to apply (after three years straight of rejections), but since I recently started selling my items in the gallery across the street from where it was held, I thought maybe . . . Anyhow. Luckily my items are selling very well in the gallery so maybe some people from the festival will wander across to the gallery. I can dream.


From: Angie Macon <admin@decaturartsalliance.org>

Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 13:06:28 -0700


Subject: Decatur Arts Festival: jury complete

 

ZAPP login: gorilladust
Medium Category: Jewelry

Kimberly Kelley:

This year’s requests to be in the 2014 Decatur Arts Festival
Artist Market greatly exceeded the space we have available. Unfortunately we
could not accommodate everyone.

 

The jury process was difficult with so many qualified and talented
artists who applied. We regret that we were not able to accept your application
for space.

 



We thank you for your interest in the Decatur Arts Festival and we
hope you will consider applying again in 2015.

 

Sincerely,

 

Angie Macon

Executive Director

Decatur Arts Festival


Contact Info:
Decatur Arts Festival 2014
PO Box 401 Decatur, GA 30031
info@decaturartsalliance.org
404-371-9583



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 


I love how this one makes it all about the space. As if only there were somehow magically more space they would let me be in their show. I have never had good luck with anyone named Angie - starting with Angie Webb who gave me head lice in the first grade. My head feels itchy just thinking about it.  

I guess the good news is that I will be paying less in taxes this year since my income from shows is pretty much down to zero at this point. Ah, see, the glass is half full.




No comments: