Shop Gorilla Dust Designs

Buy your Gorilla Dust Designs jewelry today!

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Flower Power


I sold this soup spoon pendant over the weekend at a show in SC. I love these metallic flowers, but unfortunately have not been able to find a large supply of them. I am giving it a go at creating my own flowers for new spoon pendants, will see how that goes. The center of the flower was a rhinestone, but the second the resin touches it, it flattens. I mean the exact second one drop of resin touches the rhinestone it melts (or dissolves? - whatever, it turns into a liquidy pool of color). Weird. I have tried coating the rhinestone in multiple coats of clear nail polish before pouring the resin, but makes no difference. Oh well the effect is kind of unique. I also tried wire wrapping on the handle of the spoon and am very pleased with how it came out.

Have not shared a picture of Prada the Wonderdog for a while so here she is. I like how all her feet are up under her chin. She is sporting her summer in Atlanta shaved chihuahua look. I think she wears it well.

No comments: